Monday, March 8, 2010

The Higher Road

How can I sum up what life is like for me lately? I guess I need to report that my training wheels are still on, as I am still learning how to accept my life's circumstances with patience and grace instead of complaining and questioning. Nope, I still don't know how to take the higher road, and the Lord continues to guide me through gentle force. Painful? Yes. Worth it? Maybe someday I'll get the hang of it. Until then, it's like a "funniest home video" with lots of hiiiillllaarrioouss crashes (somehow it's not quite as funny without the music and sound effects). Steve has been asked to coach girls basketball this next year as a new coach has just been hired. He has decided to give it a shot (yes, I know we're crazy). He is such a talented man, and truly has a gift working with youth. I am looking forward to watching a football coach try and tone it down just a smidge for a bunch of hormonal girls. We just got back from Boise, where we had a booth at the annual Sportman's Outdoor Show. Can I share how much I do not enjoy this experience of trying to tell people about our business in 2 seconds or less, juggling the ever hyper children, and traveling back and forth? DO NOT BUY YOUR OWN BUSINESS! The kids had a great time fishing in the pond set up at the show, shooting BB guns, and throwing balls at the Les Shwabb booth for speed. Paige bounced her ball off of the perimeter a few times and had everyone waiting in line ducking for cover. Cabellas booth was right next to ours, and they had a wheel you could spin to win little prizes like postcards, lanyards, a hat, etc. Jake was bound and determined to win a hat, and went back to spin the wheel over and over again and did not have any luck. FINALLY, his mother went over with 10 different prizes he had collected, and struck a trade for the coveted hat! Here is a picture of Jake with his prize. While in Boise at the show, I also conducted interviews for staff in Boise this next summer, and met some great people! I also have been working on setting up internships for our Riggins location with USU, U of U, and U of I. Life marches on. Everyone pray for a hot summer! A few other pictures for you: Oh man - does this sum up their relationship? :) We recently had to find a new home for our dogs because Jake and I are allergic. Here is a last picture of Nathan with his buddy. This little darling really got me in the grocery store last week. Picture Nate and I in the makeup/feminine products aisle which was packed with people. I was browsing a little way away from him, when, much to my dismay, he shouted out to me, "Hey mommy - do you need any mommy diapers?" Nice. No, I did not teach him that, I swear. Well, at least he will be a well-rounded husband someday, right? Lastly, Paige wanted me to post a few videos of what she has been working on in dance class (hip-hop). She has been working on learning how to do "the worm", and is so proud that she has learned how to do it.
Here she is doing her entire dance.


This epistle is finally concluded!

4 comments:

  1. Heyyyyy I didn't know Paige was in a hip hop class!! That was so fantastic, I loved it. The tub picture cracked me up, so perfect haha! Can't wait to see you girls =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those boys are too stinking cute! I'm getting a little worried that Paige is getting old to realize what a bunch of dorks all of us are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taking the higher road, huh? That does take a little practice; well, more than a little, maybe. Keep at it and you'll get the hang of it. Mom is pretty good at it, I think. I love the Jake and the hat story. Way to go, Mom! When necessary, it a guy needs a little help. Sorry about the dogs! Also, that Nathan is a hoot. I guess you know by now that one can't predict what can and will be said in public. I could relate a few Tim stories, but you probably already know them. Also, Paige is such a great dancer. How fun to get to see the routine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful glimpse into your family strengths...patience, kindness, brotherly love, resourcefulness, talent, and more. I love picturing Steve with his girls, you with trinkets in hand, the boys together, the tenderness of saying goodbye to a pet, and Paige with her cool-face hip-hopping at a dance in the way-too-close future. Love, mom/gma

    ReplyDelete